Whether you are headed to the beach or the mountains, sightseeing or relaxing in a resort, vacations are one of the best things about summertime. However, vacations can also be stressful and expensive. One of the most enjoyable ways to enjoy the summer is to do so right in your own back yard.
It doesn’t take much to transform your outdoor area to a haven for entertaining, relaxing and staycationing. However, the sky is truly the limit.
Are you interested in doing some serious staycationing this summer? It doesn’t take much to get started. It starts with the most important staycation must-have: A grill. We’d like to help you with this one: Enter our sweepstakes for a chance to win a gas grill. To enter, visit www.ugi.com/staycationand complete the entry form between now and July 13, 2012. Be sure to “like” us on Facebook where we’ll share tips on preparing your outdoors (and indoors) for summer living, as well as, energy-saving summer tips and mouth-watering summer grilling recipes.
We can also help you get in touch with the right people to get your back yard natural gas ready – you might be surprised to know about all the ways you can use efficient, affordable, convenient natural gas for your outdoor haven.
A few options to consider:
- Never run out of fuel because they connect to your home’s existing natural gas line.
- Are more economical than charcoal or propane – natural gas cookouts cost about one-sixth the cost of a charcoal cookout and three-fourths the cost of a propane cookout.
- Save time by eliminating the long warm-up times associated with charcoal grills.
- Can be permanently mounted, built into a surround or attached to a cart allowing the grill to be moved when not in use.
Natural gas outdoor lighting and tiki torches
- Offer security during power outages.
- Add charm and value to your property, without attracting bugs.
- Can be mounted on posts or wall-mounted
- Provide a 15′ – 20′ circle of warmth that can be installed in-ground, deck mounted, hanging or portable.
- Are available in a number of coordinating colors and include push-button ignition with adjustable heat controls.
Patio Campfires or Firepits – you can have a campfire on your wooden deck without having to worry about glowing embers or flying sparks. They are safer
- Provide a realistic look without the hassle of chopping or carrying wood.
- Are equipped with easy on/off controls and available in rock, brick or other natural materials. And, they can be equipped with cooking options.
- Weather-resistant materials provide ambiance and warmth.
- Are easy to operate and can be built into a patio or deck.
Pool and hot-tub heating
- Heat your pool, spa or hot tub water twice as fast as electricity.
Want to learn more about creating your outdoor staycation spot using natural gas? Watch this video: